Wednesday 28 October 2009

What now.

L's just texted me to say that she's taking her ex boyfriend to court for raping her years ago. 
Now I know this might sound harsh considering it happened to me too, but I really don't think this is the right decision. 
She saw what I went through for the trial, and how I was when the verdict came back not guilty. And my case had more evidence than hers. Although she hasn't told me specifics, I don't think there were any witnesses and as it was a while ago there'll be no medical evidence. 
She's also just said that she just gave another statement today and that the police officer said it was one of the worst cases he'd heard and he truly believed he'd be found guilty. For me that's a double edged sword. On the one hand, the police were so confident the whole way through my case that he'd be convicted, and he wasn't. But also, and this is because of something she said after the trial too, it makes me feel like what happened to me wasn't as bad as what happened to her. 
And she's not exactly sounding sensitive or thinking how I might be taking what she's saying. 
I don't know what to say or do. 
You think you know someone...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment